Blog Post 6











 As instructed by my Professor, I checked out and read websites like The American conservative and AntiWar.com. First I went on the Anti War website. From first looks, it doesn't seem the most reliable source for information. But of course on should never judge a book by its cover. So I then went in and started going over some of the articles and archives it had on the website. From my first initial interpretations, I realized that this sight comes from a collection of different resources and writers all around the world. All the ads on the website are different and many in different languages. The first article I clicked on from the website was in the recent news link, displaying many different articles that were published either today, yesterday, etc.. I clicked on an article about Turkish police firing tear gas to disperse a Pride March in Istanbul. I know the topic of LGBTQ around the world is still a struggle. From my point of view I just don't understand how and why people cannot just let other people live freely and do what makes them happy. But what I do understand is knowing every country and culture is different, for some better and sadly some worse. What I started asking myself after reading this article was, "Is this going to be on World News Tonight with David Muir?" Is this piece of current events going to find its way onto sights like BBC, CNN, FOX, NBC? Sadly nowadays, I feel like major news outlets reports news that will support their following instead of just reporting the facts. Major news outlets, in my opinion, just fight for viewer popularity instead of reporting the facts. I believe major news outlets filter out news like this because they care more about there views rather than their journalistic ideals. Also, maybe the government has something behind not reporting some news as well. I hate conspiracy theories, but sometimes it never hurts to ask questions. Search engines like google and yahoo make it difficult to find sites like these. Do I know why they do that? No. But if I had to guess, I would have to say maybe the government is behind that. Do I think we will ever learn the reason why? Again, no. But I hope one day, as a whole, everyone and everything can get along.


https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2021-06-26/turkish-police-fire-tear-gas-to-disperse-pride-march-in-istanbu



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Relationship with Technology

BLOG POST 4

BLOG POST #2